Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing #23: Final Thoughts

Thank you to the "MN multitypes" for creating this great continuing ed program!

I've changed as a result of my participation in 23 Things, and because I've changed, my work will change, and many aspects of our library will change. This won't happen overnight, but in many small ways, there will be change.

My favorite Things involved set-up of my blog and avatar, creations using pictures, discovery of access to tools like the calculator and ELM databases, and intro to del.icio.us and Wikis.

I connected with others doing the Things via their blogs, email, a meeting of partipants at HGA 4/9/08 (a March meeting was snowed out), and, at the very end, through the social networks.

Unexpected outcomes/take-aways: My increased enthusiasm as the program went along; Huge support from my manager (engineer); Attitude change (mine); A volume of Things yet to try; Increased awareness of MN library organizations.

Suggestions: Continue the good use of tiered learning and practice so people at all levels of expertise have a chance for success in each Thing and throughout the program.

I would most definitely participate in another 23 Things program. My learning experience in a word - liberating; in a phrase - liberated to collaborate.

bweldon

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Wow! That post is a great statement about you, your manager, and the power of learning. Thanks for participating and finishing all 23 Things.

Watch for more on a stick in fall or winter.