Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing #17: ELM Productivity Tools

The ELM resources are a treasure. I wasn't aware of my access to these databases - maybe too entrenched in my sci-tech/engineering info work world. Whatever, I'm glad to have them bookmarked now.

These tools will be very useful in my own research and doc delivery for requesters. InfoTrac with RSS feeds by subject, etc., EBSCO, ProQuest, and NetLibrary are all tools that I can use for research requests, but I will also demo them as self-search tools. If I wasn't aware of my access to these tools, I'm guessing that most of my library users aren't aware either.

The titles of NetLibrary extend my library's catalog much like our access to and bookmarking capabilities in eBrary. ProQuest promotes collaboration with colleages sharing search results of interest. EBSCO Page Composer allows the development and delivery of search results in a web page.

I discovered the Minitex archived and active webinars in a prior Thing...very useful! Thank you to all the organizations that make ELM possible. (Thing 17 took a long time...I just didn't want to stop!)

bweldon

No comments: