Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing #12: Do You Digg?

Not sure I dig them all, but an interesting concept! Voting for the news, categorizing it, commenting on it...who knew I'd ever want to do any of it?

I shared a story in Mixx and was surprised not to have to join to do it. Digg and Reddit wanted a registration first. I registered at Newsvine, and shared a story there because it's the one of four I'm most likely to return to. I am a news hound - aren't we all? I like the idea of the whole AP wire without intervention. I like the page layout, the vote-up feature, and the user instructions on Newsvine.

I'll use these tools as another web source for news. When I read an item that really stirs me, I'll either vote it up if I've found it in Newsvine or seed it there. Honestly, at work where the nature of my job is rarely news-driven, these tools might be a productivity detractor, but at home they will be an enhancer if I'm on the hunt for a news item.

Yes, as of today, I've read MANY stories as a result of seeing them on on these sites!

bweldon

No comments: