Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing #14: LibraryThing

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/barbwel

Not sure how my little catalog of ten items will show up when I publish this post, but I tried! The titles reveal my current eclectic reading and are the ten that were within arm's reach of my computer as I was exploring LibraryThing.

LibraryThingforLibraries offers some possibilities for add-ons to my work library catalog which is hosted by EOS. Or I could create a new LibraryThing account for work use where I add and delete books to advertise what's new. The "shelf look" and the Amazon look would have certain age-appeal. It would be fun to attach a changing "shelf look" to my home page.

I currently create book lists (bibliographies) from my EOS catalog for employees looking for resources according to their needs. A book list with a great new look would get attention.

But, I think the real treat of LibraryThing is the sharing of personal libraries, recs and unrecs, reviews, links to people who love books and read what you read, and links to events appealing to us.

bweldon

No comments: