Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing #2

I've been reading Library/Web 2.0 articles for five days. My mind-set is aching.

Can I adapt, play, socialize, create, share myself, learn, implement, trend-spot and still be me? The challenges are daunting, yet enticing. I can feel myself going in one toe at a time.

My manager (an engineer) is very excited about this 23 Things program. In a recent meeting he gave me (a solo librarian) the ultimate compliment (no, sadly, not $$$$) for the manner in which I support this corporate library's users. However, he also threw out the ultimate challenge - consider the unserved. He's already at Library 2.0 and wants me there, too!

I'll have to compress my work day to fit in all the new skill-sets, because I still love my evenings - away from a computer as much as possible.

bweldon

No comments: